Monday, January 21, 2013

Review: Listening To Crows

Listening to Crows by Jaqueline Hopper

I really enjoyed how Ms Hopper, through her well-crafted short story, so cleverly conveyed the emotions of the tragic, yet commonplace drama of putting one's elderly parent in a home. I especially liked how this dramatic event is contained within a bigger romantic story arc. The use of a deaf character also added another layer of humanity to the touching story.

Since most of my own fiction involves some aspect of the arts I am always drawn to such themes. I found the use of photography in Ms Hopper's story well-conceived and well-suited to the displaying the stories major theme of what life lessons humans can learn from our fellow creatures.

I highly recommend Listening To Crows. It will brighten a reader's day. I know it did mine. I look forward to reading more of Ms Hopper's fiction.

As of January 19, 2013 (when I first discovered Listening to Crows) this story was a offered for free on Smashwords.com

~JT~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets