Saturday, July 27, 2013

Author Showcase: Doreen Cox

I'm starting a new feature on my blog: Author Showcase.

For this new blog feature I am not interviewing the authors. I am simply showcasing people who have so generously taken the time to promote my own promo tweets on Twitter. In some cases, I have read some of these author's books, but in many instances I have only retweeted their links. (Unfortunately, due to the glacial speed at which I read, I cannot possibly read everything I want to.)

First up is long-time Twitter friend: Doreen Cox, non-fiction author of Adventures In Mother-Sitting!


From Doreen's Amazon Author's Page
Writing my book after the time of Mother-sitting was cathartic for me as it relates to my dance with grief. During those caregiver years, there was never a dull moment much less a moment in which I could relax. I'm not complaining for that is the way it is for a Care Bear. Humor got me through most of those days. The vacuum that came after Mother-sitting became filled with writing, editing and publishing. The vacuum that came after my memoir was published was emotionally difficult for me. In hindsight, this last vacuum was a necessary and cathartic time. Without the earlier distractions to engage me, a plunge into the abyss of sadness and despair allowed me to deeply grieve my mom's death and the 'death' of my role as her Care Bear. The experience of Mother-sitting taught me that joy, frustration and despair are juxtaposed emotions that are part of any experience, including writing and publishing. ADVENTURES IN MOTHER-SITTING is a memoir that speaks to a journey through grief, through losses of many kinds.

My 5-star review of Doreen's book Adventures In Mother-Sitting can be found on my blog's Book Reviews page.

Doreen's links:
Amazon Author's page: www.amazon.com/Doreen-Cox/e/B005YOQAQ0/
Blog: Treasured Encounters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/mothersitting
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mothersitter
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4245447.Doreen_Cox

Doreen also has a bunch of other links (she's everywhere on the internet...)

I strongly recommend following this wonderful writer and most wonderful person! Oh... and by all means read her heart-warming memoir of caring for her ailing mother.

~JT~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets