Saturday, March 22, 2014

Review: Divergent


Divergent
Divergent by Veronica Roth

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Since this is a thriller type of story, there's not much that I can say without revealing too much of the plot. I enjoyed the story and the characters, and I look forward to reading the next two books in the series.

Beatrice, aka Tris, is similar to Katniss from the Hunger Games books,and a cursory glance reveals many similarities between the two trilogies: strong young adult female protagonist, a post-war society broken up into factions, political strife mirroring the main character's struggles, leading to an eventual clash between personal growth and society's oppressive laws, etc.

So if you enjoyed reading The Hunger Games, you'll enjoy Divergent. But if dystopian young adult fiction with a nod at religious themes isn't your cup of tea, then you might want to pass.

I'm a fan of both series - mostly because they are so similar thematically.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets