Friday, February 27, 2015

Review: I Will Breathe


I Will Breathe
I Will Breathe by Regina Puckett

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I'm a big fan of Regina Puckett's writing and this new release did not disappoint. I Will Breathe is a smart and witty steampunk story, set in the time after the Great War. When tough-talking scavenger Liberty gets saddled with a robot called Boy, her quiet and self-centered life changes. As their relationship evolves, we are treated to Ms. Puckett's vision of a post-apocalyptic world, where safety is found in the dizzying heights of the sky, while the land below offers a realm of opportunity, discovery and danger.

I Will Breathe displays Ms. Puckett's classic wit and masterful story-telling skills as she deftly develops a charming tale with story elements that echoed the universal themes of new beginnings found in creation stories and classic stories such as Pinocchio.

I have barely finished reading I Will Breathe and I'm already looking forward to Ms. Puckett's next tale!




View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed I Will Breathe as well. I have the sequel, now to find time to read it!

    Onisha Ellis

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets